Job Opening - Account Manager
Company: The Financial Diet
Job Title: Advertising Account Manager
Job Type: Part-Time, Hourly
20 hours/week (Monday – Friday, hours 10-2pm EST, with room for flexibility)
Location: Full-Time Remote
We are based in New York City but this position is not required to live in NYC or relocate, though they must have a permanent residence in the U.S.
Benefits: Health and Dental provided by United Healthcare
Who We Are
The Financial Diet (TFD) is a cross-platform media company devoted to providing young women with the tools and resources to be confident with money. Now in our sixth year, our content portfolio includes a dynamic web publication, the largest female-focused personal finance channel on YouTube, an ongoing digital events and workshop series, and a highly-engaged community on social media. Our team of thoughtful, motivated women is small but mighty, committed to telling real stories and meeting our audience where they are. As our platforms rapidly grow, our purpose remains the same: to break the taboo of talking about money and give our audience the motivation to build the lives they want on any budget.
We are seeking an Account Manager to help grow our sales operations and support the Head of Brand Partnerships, who this role will report to directly. This is a highly important position as advertising is the primary source of revenue for our company and the addition of an A.M. will help expand the scope and capability of the Head. As the sole A.M. on our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with leadership and participate in the entire sales process, from prospect research to execution of sold campaigns to reporting.
Assist the Head of Brand Partnerships with the following ongoing activities:
- Creating sales proposals
- Researching prospective clients
- Managing custom advertising campaigns across our website, YouTube channel, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and virtual events
- Acting as the primary contact for clients and liaising between client and Creative Director
- 1-2 years of experience in an Account Management role, ideally at a digital publisher or creative/media buying agency
- The ideal candidate will have worked in the sales department and assisted sellers in the sales process and executing ad campaigns
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one (ideally both) of the following:
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Google products (Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience using Trello or a comparable project management tool is preferred, not required
How to Apply
Please send an email attaching your resume and cover letter describing how your experience matches the required qualifications in the above to email@example.com. Please make the subject line of the email ACCOUNT MANAGER.