Job Title: Head of Brand Partnerships, The Financial Diet
Job Type: Full-Time, salaried position with commission
Location: Full-time remote during COVID-19. We anticipate the ability to return to the NYC office sometime in 2021 so this hire will need to be a resident of the New York City metro area. Once we resume in-office, there will be a flexible work-from-home policy.
Benefits: Health and Dental provided by United Healthcare
Who We Are:
The Financial Diet (TFD) is a cross-platform media company devoted to providing young women with the tools and resources to be confident with money. Now in our sixth year, our content portfolio includes a dynamic web publication, the largest female-focused personal finance channel on YouTube, an ongoing digital events and workshop series, and a highly-engaged community on social media. Our team of thoughtful, motivated women is small but mighty, committed to telling real stories and meeting our audience where they are. As our platforms rapidly grow, our purpose remains the same: to break the taboo of talking about money and give our audience the motivation to build the lives they want on any budget.
Who You Are:
The Head of Brand Partnerships is a pivotal leadership role within The Financial Diet, with significant opportunities to innovate, lead, and shape the work that we do. Your primary responsibility will be to increase revenue from ad sales, mainly focusing on custom branded content and events. This will mean both prospecting new business and stewarding our existing relationships. In addition, you will be responsible for managing accounts from inception through completion, in collaboration with our editorial team. This role is not a traditional sales role and not for someone who would prefer to sell templated products in a routine way, or to play a narrowly-defined role within a large operation. We envision this role being largely autonomous, meaning that you will lead the entire sales arm of the company. It is a fantastic and unique opportunity for someone who is excited by possibilities, believes in our mission, and wants to play a major role in the growth of our company.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
- Experience in a comparable sales role at a digital publisher, or advertising or media agency
- A proven track record of bringing in substantial new business (with references who could confirm this track record on request)
- Strong account management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage complicated projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively about new product offerings and dynamic sales strategies to meet clients’ growing needs and growing possibilities within our company
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Own, manage, and maintain all advertising accounts (approx. 20-30 per year with widely varying budgets)
- Regularly pitch new prospective clients including those we’ve never worked with
- Work collaboratively with Creative Team to manage complex projects involving web, video, and social content, and events (digital at present, in-person in future)
- Up to $1,000/year reimbursement for professional development such as attending conferences, workshops, or courses
- Very flexible remote work policy
- Unlimited vacation
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line HEAD Of BRAND PARTNERSHIPS. Please attach your resume, a cover letter, and a link to any relevant platforms such as LinkedIn or a professional website. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- What are the biggest trends you see in the advertising industry right now, and what do they mean for a publisher like The Financial Diet?
- What are the most important factors to you when negotiating a new branded content partnership deal with a client?