How To Market Yourself & Your Business
In partnership with Squarespace & personal branding expert Majesty Acheampong (who uses Squarespace for her websites), we’ve put together this worksheet on how to use marketing & digital communications to grow your business and brand to reach your target audience. Keep reading for a text version of the worksheet, and check out the full downloadable PDF here. And once you’re ready to get started building your own beautiful marketing website, head to Squarespace for a free trial. With our offer code “FINANCIALDIET,” you can also save 10% off your first purchase.
What is Website Marketing? A website is an amazing way to establish brand identity, credibility, and build brand awareness. Most websites have captivating features that allow you to market yourself with different elements such as images, video, blogs, and so much more.
The practice of using a website as a platform to promote your personal brand, products and/or services is called website marketing. When you’re building a website aimed at achieving your personal or professional goals, consider including the following:
- An about page that creates confidence in your company and provides details about the founder and/or brand story
- A page where visitors can learn about your products and services
- An ecommerce page or online store where visitors can purchase physical or digital products
- A blog that builds authority and provides valuable insight and information
- A social media plugin that allows your visitors to share your posts to your other social channels
- Social media integration
- Contact form where visitors can reach out to you with inquiries
Why is it important to utilize Website Marketing? A website is one of the most important digital marketing channels you can use to get more traffic, gain more exposure, and make more sales.
Benefits of marketing with a website:
- Reach potential visitors 24/7 because the internet and your website never close
- Customize and make updates to copy, pages and templates
- Have control over your content visibility, there is no algorithm like social media
- Utilize website integrations and plugins
- Reach visitors around the globe
- Utilize SEO to become more visible on web search engines like Google
- Optimize your website for easy social media sharing
- Utilize ecommerce features and monetize from digital and physical product sales
- Integrate email marketing pop-ups to drive additional traffic to email list
- Gain analytics and data from your web traffic, which tells you more about your website visitors and potential clients
Suggested website marketing platform: Squarespace — an all-in-one platform that helps you create a beautiful website.
- Easy-to-edit website templates, no coding needed
- Full ecommerce and marketing features to run your business online
- Ability to customize fonts, colors and image galleries with built-in design kit
- Ability to optimize your design for both desktop and mobile devices
- Ability to add a custom domain
- Ability to create branded email addresses for your business
- Built-in SEO & Blogging Tools
- Built-in Analytics
If you’re ready to get started building your own beautiful marketing website, head to Squarespace for a free trial. With our offer code “FINANCIALDIET,” you can also save 10% off your first purchase.
What is email marketing? Email marketing is a form of marketing that can make the customers on your email list aware of new products, discounts, and other services.
Why is it important to utilize email marketing? According to Constant Contact, email marketing has the highest ROI (return on investment) of all forms of marketing, averaging about $42 in return for every $1 spent.
Benefits of marketing with email:
- Nurture potential customers and keep them engaged
- Market and promote offers, sales, events, products and services to a warm target audience
- Redirect email traffic to website, blog, podcast and social media channels
- Generate and follow up with warm leads
Social Media Marketing
What is social media marketing? The use of social media platforms and networks to market a personal brand, product or service.
Why is it important to utilize social media marketing? According to Statista, as of 2020, 3.6 billion people are active on social media worldwide. Studies show that each person spends an average of 2 hours and 25 minutes on social networks and messaging.
Benefits of marketing with social media:
- Cost effective — you can utilize most social platforms for free
- Reach users on mobile, tablet and desktop
- Option to utilize ad strategy and increase reach
- Utilize insights and analytics to learn more about your potential customers, audience, and followers
- Share customer content, stories and testimonials
- Reach users around the globe
- Increase brand awareness
- Strengthen audience engagement
- Potential to go viral
- Utilize influencer marketing
Majesty’s Marketing Checklist
- Make sure your About Me page on your website pops, because it’s one of the most visited pages on all websites.
- If you utilize social media marketing, make sure you are consistent and have a content strategy to post valuable content frequently.
- When you market a product or service, share the benefits, not just the features. People want to know how their lives will change or improve as a result of utilizing your product or service.
- If you have a personal brand, make sure people have visibility to the person behind the brand.
- Make sure you are easy to reach, and always have your contact information visible on your website and social media.
- Integrate podcast marketing into your overall marketing strategy as a guest or host. Podcast marketing is simply the act of marketing yourself, your products or your services through the creation and distribution of audio content.
Image via Unsplash