21 Free (Or Cheap) Things You Haven’t Thought To Do In NYC This Weekend
Let’s get those weekend brains turned on and shift our thoughts to the homestretch of the work week, toward all the fun things we’ll be tackling this upcoming Saturday and Sunday. At the recommendation of a friend, I’ve recently started using Meetup, which organizes groups outings based on an impossibly wide range of different social interests, tastes and activities. Whether you wish to stumble out of boozy brunch, train for a half marathon, or visit a craft brewery with some ~Brooklyn babes~ it’s all there.
Here are 21 selected Meetups for every taste that are happening in NYC this weekend, all either free or cheap.
1. City Harvest Saturday Mornings
2. Manhattan Weekend Run
3. Brooklyn Weekend Run
4. Run + brunch (bRUNch)
5.The NYC Vegetarian Festival
6. Learn about the Global Status of Women
7. Broth Fest at South Street Seaport
8. Brooklyn Brewery
9. The New York City Karaoke Meetup Group
10. Free Creatives Day Party! Film, Art, Games & Music at BRIC House http://www.meetup.com/graphicdesignnyc/
12. Watch Fun Movies! Focus /Will Smith
13. Fun Tango (bring your partner or just yourself!)
14. Sunday Yoga Brunch Ride!
15. Dinner and a Movie, Cinderella.
16. Sugar Hil Market
17. NYC Puppy Play date
18. Wine, Bruschetta & Charcuterie
19. Trip to Metropolitan Museum of Art
20. Spanish lessons! Intermediate & Advanced
21. Sunday Afternoon Trivia
Feel like you’ll never save enough money to be a real person? So did Steph Georgopulos. Read about it in Some Things I Did for Money.