TFD Is Looking For A Video Editor!
- The applicant will work with team members across Design, Editorial, and Sales to create episodes — from start to finish — including the editing of sound and video and publication onto our YouTube channel.
- The applicant should also be comfortable creating simple graphics, for example: text overlays, captions, images, and quotes.
- The applicant will edit three (3) videos a week for publication onto our YouTube channel. These shows consist of:
- The Tuesday The Financial Diet Show. 15-20 minutes in length
- The Thursday 3-Minute Guide Show. 3-5 minutes in length
- The Friday The Lifestyle Fix Show. 8-10 minutes in length
NOTE: At the end of 2018, the 3-Minute Guide will not be continuing, and the editing services for that show in particular will no longer be needed.
- The applicant is responsible for editing short social media previews for each video (20-30 seconds in length), to be posted on our social media platforms. Examples here, here, and here
Finally, the applicant will be responsible for captioning every video after it’s been uploaded
- A passion/understanding for online education
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere and After Effects
- Ability to take direction and make creative adjustments
- Flexibility to create both rough and final cuts (if needed for clients)
- Ability to identify potential issues with footage/audio/graphics/script and work with team members to correct in a timely manner
- Ability to ensure logical sequencing and smooth running of footage
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and organization, and is deadline-driven
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Familiarity with TFD’s YouTube channel and online video culture in general
- The applicant should also be able to provide a link to an online body of work with video samples from past clients available for review
- Please send your resume + a link to your portfolio + and the name of your favorite YouTube channel to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “TFD VIDEO EDITOR APPLICATION: YOUR NAME”
- The deadline to apply is November 9th.
We look forward to reviewing your application!