1. A friend of mine recently had a baby, and I loved this article about the perfect gift ideas that would be useful to a new parent. Check it out!
2. Even though this week was coldest one we’ve had all year here in NYC, this summery lemon blueberry pie was calling my name. So, I promptly whipped one up as we were decorating our tree last night.
3. I won’t pay to get my nails done out when I know I can give myself a pretty solid at-home manicure, and these 7 tips will help your DIY manicure last longer.
4. During this election cycle, there was a lot of talk about the role that fake news playing in disseminating facts and credible data to voters. This interesting Salon article explored why all “fake news” isn’t created equal.
5. For some reason, it feels like DIY homemade marshmallows are huge this year. I found this awesome recipe, which would make the perfect cheap-yet-fancy holiday gifts for friends.
6. There’s been a lot of buzz about the new Star Wars movie, Rouge One, and I thought this Wired movie review provided an interesting analysis of it.
7. As 2016 is winding down into its final days, I reflect on a variety of things, including all the pop culture movies and music I might have overlooked over the last 12 months. This article covers eight albums I (and maybe you!) might have missed, but should totally check out.
8. Podcasts are pretty much my favorite thing to turn on as I grocery shop, walk to work, run errands, ride the subway, etc., and this roundup of the best ones of 2016 was a super-useful read!
9. Watching the news unfolding this last week from Aleppo was devastating, but did we actually do anything about it?
10. Fear of credit card fraud is especially heightened during the holiday season, and this infographic provides 38 crucial tips to prevent it from happening to you!