10 Things You Need To Read This Sunday
1. A lot went down this week with regard to Trump signing multiple executive orders — here’s how those could set America back 70 years.
2. The news about Trump’s immigration order on Friday was jarring to hear, and I’ve been following the uncertainty, fear, and panic it’s been causing over the last 48 hours.
3. I invested in a nice blouse a few months ago and have only worn it once because I am straight up terrified to get a stain on it. Luckily for me (and for you!), there’s a comprehensive and ultimate stain removal guide here, which I just stumbled on.
4. This sweet little DIY sputnik decoration would be a welcome distraction after a stressful week and could be a nice project to tackle with friends (preferably over a glass of wine).
5. I loved this article that talked about the benefits of working with strangers, and how doing so can benefit your process and workflow.
6. “There’s a disconnect between the public’s expectations of their communications with their representatives and the reality of how those communications are handled.” <– A quote from the insightful Wired article called, “Apps Make Pestering Congress So Easy That It Can’t Keep Up.”
7. Check out this simple + useful resource for finding volunteer opportunities in your area.
8. I’m always looking for new inspiration to keep me motivated, and the simple and lovely paint palettes featured here are just beautiful.
9. A lot of people get fired at some point in their lives, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this article on what to do if it happens to you.
10. The concept of “doomsday prep” seems laughable to me, but reading this New Yorker article about the way some of the richest people plan for it was utterly fascinating.