10 Things You Need To Read This Sunday
1. The news coming out of London in the aftermath of that devastating fire, which engulfed a high-rise residential apartment building, was just awful to read about.
2. I SO enjoyed this article on what does and doesn’t constitute a ‘Perfect Beach Body’ — The Perfect Beach Body Is B.S. — & These Gorgeous, Un-Retouched Photos Prove It.
3. An interesting write-up on how outdoor gear for women is evolving beyond the old industry adage of, “shrink it and pink it.”
4. I was not feeling any part of the new Katy Perry album Witness, and this New Yorker article was able to pin down some of the reasons why I didn’t find it (and that live-stream nonsense) appealing. A stand-out quote: “when (conversations) are plainly staged in service of an album launch, it feels less like an act of altruism or epiphany than cynical calculation.”
6. If you haven’t already seen our interview with The Today Show’s Jean Chatzky, let me point you in the right direction! =)
7. Did you hear the news that Amazon is buying Whole Foods? Here’s why.
8. I’m going on several vacations and/or trips with friends this year, and I loved reading through this roundup of money tips to make them smoother.
9. These fun DIY coaster projects could be a great idea for a weekend activity with friends + a bottle of rosé.
10. ICYMI — Chelsea and I wrote about the end of our respective spring challenges on the site last week here and here.