1. These “dinners that shaped history” would definitely add to the conversation at your next dinner party.
2. From this powerful piece from Medium: “What happens when someone so objectively good that they received a Nobel Peace Prize, so good that they are qualified to tell people all over the world how to be good, so good that their memoir is required reading for high school students and they are hailed for teaching the world to understand the definition of evil in contrast to good, what happens when that’s the person who does something really really bad to you when you’re nineteen?”
3. Now that it’s finally soup weather in New York, I’ve been getting down with some of new and old favorites — including this creamy smoked gouda and broccoli concoction from Eating Well.
4. I’m always intrigued — and a bit scared — to read about how robots and artificial intelligence are shaping the future of work, so I was fascinated by this expose.
5. I don’t know about you, but I am hella excited to catch up on season 2 of Stranger Things this week — be sure to check out this piece exploring how it became a global phenomenon.
6. In the everlasting weirdness of Trump’s Twitter feuds, he is now (even more) at odds with Michael Moore.
7. I loved this article examining how we define what makes a “good” relationship, even though I’m not exactly sure myself.
8. If you’re looking for a scary story to haunt your dreams this Halloweek, look no further.
9. I love Extra Crispy’s weird food stories, including this investigation into this ridiculous $1000 bagel.
10. ICYMI: This beginner’s guide to using a cash envelope system for budgeting is extremely helpful!