1. If you haven’t read what Donna Brazille penned for Politico about her time running the DNC, definitely do so — it’s completely eye-opening.
2. Now for something fun: read what chefs say you should never order at a restaurant. (No more fancy burgers for me, TYVM!)
4. The Kevin Spacey news is gross, sad, and completely unsurprising for so many people. Here’s what was so wrong about his response.
5. I deeply enjoyed this history of the 1997 film version of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella starring Brandy (which I have long considered the best iteration of the story, and I will die on that hill).
6. All I crave this time of year is grilled cheese and tomato soup — this looks like a much more sophisticated version and is sure to impress any dinner guests (despite seeming quite easy!).
7. Among everything else we’re dealing with, the Trump administration is apparently making under-the-rug moves to chip away at our (arguably already lacking) food safety. Yikes.
8. Apparently, it’s not your fault that that leftover Halloween candy is taunting you.
9. I was captivated (and very touched) by this story of a Portuguese doctor’s empathy-based approach to treating patients with addiction in the years leading up to and following the country’s decriminalization of drug use.
10. ICYMI — check out one woman’s breakdown of everything her (completely adorable) new kitten cost her!