1. This NY Times profile of the people behind the Instant Pot was quite charming.
2. I was a huge fan of The Toast and am a current avid reader/listener of Dear Prudence — this interview with Daniel Mallory Ortberg about him coming out as trans in a very public way (i.e. amidst his new book being published) was so lovely. A must-read!
3. This is an extremely heartbreaking (but important) story about a woman whose high school coach and abuser will not be tried for the crimes he committed against her, because she passed away before she was able to testify in court.
4. A little bit of human interest to lighten the mood: I really enjoyed this compilation of the most enthusiastically reviewed under-eye concealers on Amazon.
5. I have a few friends who are obsessed with HQ, so this inside look at how the app works was fascinating to read.
6. “Education Secretary and billionaire conservative donor Betsy DeVos sat down for an interview with Lesley Stahl on 60 Minutes last night, and it’s not entirely clear that she has a better understanding of the country’s education system than she did at her confirmation hearing, when she suggested that schools in places like Wyoming need more guns to fend off grizzly bears.” An entertaining read and important reminder that Betsy DeVos is bad.
7. I am very excited for this upcoming movie about a book club (aptly title Book Club) full of older women reading Fifty Shades.
8. I am such a fan of Terry Crews and his openness and what he’s doing to dismantle toxic masculinity, so I was really glad to read this article on Buzzfeed.
9. RIP Louise Slaughter, a New York Representative and amazing woman — read about her contributions over three decades over on Politico.
10. ICYMI: I loved this writer’s thoughts on what it meant to her when she hit a $100K net worth!