1. Some truly stunning (and delicious looking) inspiration for your long and lazy weekend brunch at home.
2. I’m always amazed at stories of college-student entrepreneurs, and these nine low-cost business ideas are perfect ways to make solid money on the side.
3. The most heartbreaking story — For Philando Castile, Social Media Was the Only 911
4. Ah, the dreaded work meeting where people spend the entire length of it setting up another meeting to discuss a *future* deadline. Enough! Here’s how you can hold an actually productive meeting in seven minutes.
5. A New Yorker article that tries to make sense of the horrible violence of the last week, saying, “This week has become a grotesque object lesson in gun culture, one that points to a conclusion that we could have and should have drawn long ago—that the surfeit of weapons at our disposal and the corresponding fears that they induce create new hazards.”
6. If traveling fits your budget, there’s a neat New York Times write up on the 52 places to go in 2016.
7. A super-thorough packing list of picnic essentials, which you can use the next time your group of friends plans to hit the great outdoors for a summer afternoon.
8. If you live in and/or around the NYC area, be sure to check out this list of incredible cheap-food pit stops guaranteed to leave you (and your wallet) full.
9. If you’re following the health of the U.S. job market closely, you’ll be happy to know that the June job report crushed.
10. The amazing illustration on this article (by Zohar Lazar) is enough to make me want to read it — Convincing The VC Bro-nopoly To Fund Female-First Companies.