1. I absolutely loved the new book The Proposal (I literally received it in the mail Tuesday evening and finished it Wednesday) and this is an awesome interview with the author about how she writes consent into romance scenes.
2. This is a fascinating article about office lunch-stealers, including an actual interview with an actual (well, reformed) lunch-stealer.
3. I am obsessed with this Mandarin duck that mysteriously ended up in Central Park here in NYC. He is beauty. He is grace. Also, he looks like Lisa Frank drew him? But a little more jewel tone-y.
4. I can’t not show you this bizarrely earnest interview with a woman who claims to be engaged to a ghost! Sorry! Happy Halloween!
5. This was a fascinating and somewhat infuriating article on why women’s shoes insist on being so uncomfortable.
6. This is an extremely detailed, super important look at if and how voting rights have changed in every state since 2010. It’s actually pretty upsetting to read, but I think it’s something we should all be informed about — especially this week!
7. This is an utterly upsetting look at how ex-Evangelical women remember their church’s version of haunted houses, aka Hell Houses (**a major trigger warning for violent imagery here — I personally think it’s important to know about the truly messed up things being perpetuated by the radical right in this country, but I do think a lot of people would particularly not benefit from reading this).
8. In much more charming news, I highly recommend this interview between Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet.
9. Annie recommended this podcast episode on the history of Halloween, which was pretty great!
10. ICYMI: We’re looking to hire a new video editor!