TFD Is Looking For A Website Editor! Is That You?
As you may or may not know depending on how closely you follow TFD’s social media feeds (which we hope you are!), we have been in the midst of lots of exciting growth — new team members, a forthcoming podcast, and many exciting projects happening between now and the beginning of 2020. It’s all very exciting, but also means our personnel needs are growing, too!
To that end, we are looking for a new Website Editor for The Financial Diet. This will be a full-time employee position based in our NYC office. You’ll be joining our growing team and leading editorial: writing posts, working with contributors and freelancers, creatively and strategically managing the website editorial calendar, and working closely with other team members (especially yours truly!) on how to continue making TFD the best possible personal finance resource across all our platforms.
You’ll work closely with the team each day, and we do have a flexible work-from-home policy. We want our new website editor to come armed with enthusiasm: for TFD’s mission, for awesome editorial strategies you want to implement, and for taking creative ownership of the future of thefinancialdiet.com. We want to work with you for a long time, and want editorial to be shaped in your vision as much as it is shaped in ours!
This person will:
- Manage the editing and SEO optimization of 3-4 new TFD articles per weekday.
- Strategically lead and manage TFD’s editorial calendar.
- Oversee the website freelance budget, working with freelancers, submissions, and TFD team members.
- Write & produce content for the TFD website, including ongoing weekly series.
- Write & schedule TFD’s weekly newsletter.
- Work with social media and YouTube leads to share cross-platform content.
We don’t need to see a fancy degree in journalism (or even a degree at all), but we would like to see the following:
- At least three years’ experience in the editorial/media fields, writing, editing, and ideating.
- Experience leading an editorial vertical, preferably in the personal finance or women’s media realm.
- Thorough experience growing a platform through SEO strategy.
- Substantial project and editorial calendar management experience.
- Fast, well-honed writing, editing, and copy-editing skills.
- An ability to work with writers to get the very best from them, and a keen understanding that finance is a super-sensitive issue, and we need to treat it as such.
- A solid presence on social media (by this we mean that you don’t need 10k followers on Twitter, but you do need to Tweet with some level of zest).
- A good nose for good copy: what headlines work, what ideas people want to read about, what TFD should be doing next.
- A knowledge (and love!) of TFD and what we do: You should have a strong familiarity with the site day-to-day, and come with serious ideas about how you would improve it — we want you to roast us!
- A chill-yet-enthusiastic personality, excited to work in a small team of (if we do say so ourselves) awesome women.
- An NYC-area address.
If this sounds like you — and we hope it does! — please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 16th with the subject “Website Editor Application.” In your email, you should include:
- A quick paragraph stating who you are and your background in the field
- A quick paragraph stating why you read TFD, and a few specific strategies you would implement to improve our current offerings
- 3 recent links you loved from TFD, that you’d like to see more of
- Your résumé attached, including the best way to contact you
- Your current availability
We can’t wait to meet you!
-Holly & the TFD team
Image via Unsplash